Monday, April 22, 2013

Hoping, Praying

I weep
On the bus.
Silently
In my head.
I feel
     No
          Pain,
               Just
                    Sadness.
I sit
Quietly,
Eyes skimming
Over words
That make little
Sense.
They deepen my
Sadness.
Make it hurt
More.
Without doing
     Anything
          At
             All.
I stare,
Then put the book away
And leave my friends.
As I walk
Home.
I walk
Towards the street.
The cars stop.
Wait for me to cross.
I don’t.
I don’t want them
To watch me sulk
As I make my way
     Across
          The
               Street.
Instead
I turn
And walk down
The sidewalk,
     Hoping,
          Praying
That I am invisible.
I walk into my house
And put on a façade.
     Hoping,
          Praying
That I look happy,
Even though I don’t feel it.
My mom
Worries
A lot.
I don’t want to worry her more
With my nonexistent
     Fears
          And
               Sadness
That mean nothing
To anyone,
Including myself.
I smile
When I see her.
She smiles back.
     How was your day?
She asks me.
I shrug
And reply.
     It was good.
I turn and walk
To my room,
     Hoping,
          Praying
I can be alone.
I don’t mean to feel sad.
I don’t mean to hate myself.

But I do.

And I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment